This will mainly be a translation post regarding the new and improved RGB Blood Fiends.
– All information and research are not done by me, but by the writer of the original post linked below on the Chinese forums.
– All credit goes to the original writer, as I am only translating.
– As with all translations, info may be lost or changed to a certain extent. This is mainly due to the fact that for the majority of the info, only a 1-sentence description has been provided in the article without video evidence of how detailed mechanics work. Thus, certain deductions have to be made on vague descriptions.
– The main article or source will be linked at the bottom of the post.
Behold the New PR Blood Fiends!
Team ability: In addition to the original Leader abilties, when Green, Blue and Heart runes (varies depending on which colors’ Blood Fiend you are using) are dissolved in the same turn, 3x additional Green attack for that turn (non-stackable). Multiplier of base leader ability returns to 1x next turn.
Sounds complicated and hard to use right? First let’s talk about the base leader ability. According to the writer’s research, the way the multiplier increases over turns has changed.
Non-PR Blood Fiends: 1x -> 1.5x -> 2x -> 2.5x -> 3x, max stacks on 5th turn.
PR Blood Fiends: 1x -> 2x -> 3x -> 3.5x, max stacks on 4th turn.
Now to add the new team ability into the equation…
For example, we are at our 2nd turn now, and our multiplier is 4x (2×2). We can make 2 choices:
1) Do not dissolve all 3 stated colors together, and enjoy 4x multiplier this turn, and 9x next turn.
2) Dissolve all 3 stated colors together, and enjoy 12x (2x2x3) multiplier this turn, and 1x next turn.
Basically, you can either use the team ability to gain a monstrous additional multiplier this turn, but start from scratch again next turn, or avoid those 3 colors and continue stacking/maintain those stacks.
NOTE: When the patch was first released, skyfall dissolving of any of the 3 colors will also trigger the team ability, making it very unstable. However, a recent patch fix was introduced on Dec 19th to address this problem. Now, only first round of runes dissolved will be taken into account for these 3 stated colors! This makes Blood Fiends very strong and much more playable IMO.
So.. when you activate the team ability when both Blood Fiends are fully stacked, we get 36.75x (3.5×3.5×3).
But do remember you will be extremely vulnerable next turn!! And that’s where this team ability shines again. So if you still can manage to dissolve those 3 colors, even on a turn with only 1x multiplier, you can still squeeze out 3x multiplier (emergency use, cos otherwise you would wna start stacking again instead).
The new features of the PR Blood Fiends are:
1) By just relying on the team ability, you can maintain a 3x multiplier every turn. Not very strong, but just saying..
2) By just stacking like we usually do with Blood Fiends, we can now reach a maximum multiplier of 12.25, and on turn 4 instead of turn 5.
3) When the powers combine, we get a monster multiplier of 36.75 for a single turn. Next turn we go naked at 1x multiplier :X
And that concludes our article on the PR Blood Fiends!! IMO they are a wonderful addition to the list of viable leaders now, as they provide some very good damage with a bit of extra risk. Also, their card designs are nice. The only sad thing is Jackie’s active is still crap… (Todd left him in the dust) but hey, Red’s got too many power cards alr, and they are getting a free full board converter for Christmas 😡 So don’t complain.